Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week 2

This week, my main focus was on writing benchmarks for the formats in `io.ascii` that I'll be working with over the next month or so. These include CSV, RDB, tab-separated, fixed-width, and more. My git repository containing asv benchmarks can be found here. In addition, here is a graph of the benchmarks so far.

I've become pretty familiar with asv, although I did experience a fairly annoying RuntimeWarning at one point ("Parent module '' not found") -- not sure what that was about, but my guess is that it was something to do with virtualenv. I also used line_profiler to get a basic sense for the percentage of total time `io.ascii` is spending in various functions, viewable here. Anyway, I'm certainly not done with the benchmarking process, but I've made a solid start and I should be done by the end of next week. My focus next week will be on writing benchmarks for parts of the `Table` class relevant to `TableOutputter` (which converts actual table data into an AstroPy `Table`).

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment